BC Horses For Sale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So frusterated!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So frusterated! Empty So frusterated! Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:44 am

kala_bunga

Ughhhh, I'm just SO sick of her mare antics!
She's such a drama queen!
I frequently use the track as a means for warm up and cool down, and there's one gate where she's absolutely horrible.The funny thing is, it's not even the one that I use to come in and out!Whenever we get close she starts crow hopping, so I kick her, doesnt work, keep my leg on and smack her with the crop...Then she bucks or rears depending, sometimes both, I make her circle and kick her, then crop her forward again, then she kicks at it...It goes on for a few minutes then eventually she gives in.
I've NEVER let her get away with it, not once..And she does it every time.Also on the roads if the car parked in a drive way is a different one then usual then she freaks aswell, a mix of backing up quickly,bucking or rearing.
I understand a new rider, I understand her being nervous of new things...But she does this with her owner, and her owners mother.
She's also just a BRAT in general.She tries to kick when you go to pick her feet, is quite girthy, hates other mares, bites at people passing her when she's in the cross ties.
She's just such a mare!Everything about her!And i'm just losing my patience with it, how does every one else cope with there mare-ish mares? Question

http://www.tioli-nowornever.blogspot.com

2So frusterated! Empty Re: So frusterated! Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:24 am

moetetchandon

moetetchandon

Does she do this all the time, kala_bunga? Or does she only do it at regular intervals. It could be hormonal.

I have dealt with more than one mare who was the b*^&h from h*ll. One in particular, used to go nuts when she ovulated. Another two or three had polycystic ovaries and as a result were pains in the a$$es all the time.

We put one on regumate, and a couple of the others we marbled.

3So frusterated! Empty Re: So frusterated! Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:55 pm

kala_bunga

It's all the time, well...I *have* had maybe 2 times when well...She was "good" (per her definition...)
I know it's horomonal though, she calls out to the stally in the barn...And sometimes geldings aswell.

http://www.tioli-nowornever.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum